- Middleborough Public Schools
MPS Full In-Person Return Survey K-8
We are welcoming back all of our Kindergarten through 8th grade students for full in-person instruction while still operating under the current guidelines provided by the State for distancing, mask wearing, and the updated transportation guidance.
In the initial stages of this planning, we will be focusing on our grades K-8 as the scheduling for such a return at MHS is very complex at this time due to many conditions which are beyond our immediate control.
Students and families will have the following learning model options: returning for full-person instruction, participating in our Online Learning Academy through the end of the year, or opting for homeschool. Please know that until such time as the new high school opens we cannot accommodate a full return at the high school due to spacing needs and because of our interior rooms
We kindly ask that you complete ONE form PER student with your commitment to your chosen learning model through the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
Please be aware of the following conditions and potential implications resulting from our return to full in-person instruction:
- Changes to the learning model may result in changes of teacher/team assignment
- Substantial changes to learning models may result in collapsing classrooms which may cause a change in teacher/team assignment for those remaining in their chosen learning model
- School assignments may change for the remainder of the school year for students in 1st - 5th grade
- Current transportation guidance from the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education lifts the capacity limitations and physical distancing requirements for elementary students. For middle school students, limitations are lifted unless our community returns to being high risk (red) community which then will allow for only two students seated per bench.
Please complete ONE form for EACH student. Your response would be appreciated by Sunday, March 14, 2021.
Link to Survey - https://forms.gle/WuuNsUmvkWyHZWJDA
Please know that additional details about the plan for our full return will be forthcoming once we analyze our survey data and we receive School Committee approval.
On behalf of our administrative team and our entire school community, thank you for your time and continued support.
Brian E. Lynch
Superintendent of Schools