From the office of Mrs. Johnson, MECC School Nurse
- Your child must be fever free (less than 100.0), vomit free, and diarrhea free for 24 hours, without medication, before they can return to school. If your child is diagnosed with a contagious condition such as Strep Throat, pneumonia, conjunctivitis...they must be on the antibiotic for 24 hours and symptom free before they can return to school. They also should feel well enough for a full day of school.
- Please reinforce cough and cold etiquette: cough and sneeze into your elbow and wash your hands after blowing your nose.
- Kindergarten students: your child’s health record will be complete for kindergarten once you submit the 5 year physical, immunizations, lead level and the 5 year vision test with stereopsis included.
- Reminder: Any medication, prescription or over the counter, can NOT be sent in with your child! It MUST be brought in by an adult!
- A well balanced breakfast each morning will start your child's day off right.
- It is recommended that everyone, that is able, get the Flu Vaccine every year. Contact your physician/pediatrician for information.
- Please refer to The Flu: A Guide For Parents from the CDC web site: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/freeresources/family/flu-guide-for-parents-2018.pdf