Welcome to the NMS Counseling Department!
Students: REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Tuesday Tutoring : SIGN UP
These forms will ONLY work with your student-assigned Middleborough Public Schools email account.
January 20th, 2022
Hi NMS Students!
Congratulations – you’re about halfway through what has been another challenging school year. It’s time for some updates from the Counseling Department.
- Meet our Interns! We are happy to introduce our department interns, Ms. Tolbert and Ms. Falcione! Both are going to school to learn how to be school counselors. They are available for student appointments and are excited to get to know you all. Ms. Tolbert works with Mrs. Foley on Mondays and Fridays and Ms. Falcione works with Ms. Moriarty on Wednesdays. They are reachable via email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appointment Request Form: A reminder that if you would like to speak with a counselor, you need to fill out the Counselor Appointment Request form each and every time! We strongly recommend that you bookmark this form on your device! No one will be allowed to drop into the counseling suite without permission, nor will we be able to accept phone calls from teachers asking us to see you. If it is an emergency, please find the nearest adult and ask them for help. Here is the link: https://forms.gle/wqwxwMhFxN9QF4QS7. (It only works with your MPS email account).
- 8th Grade Transition to High School - 8th grade, it’s time to start thinking about high school! Most of you will join the Sachem family at Middleborough High School. Their counselors will be presenting to you about course selection in February and the scheduling process will begin shortly after that. For those of you that have submitted applications elsewhere, we are pleased to report that all records and recommendations have been submitted for review. BP and Aggie will both be coming to Nichols Middle School to conduct interviews after February vacation. Stay tuned for more information.
- Free Tutoring: Need some extra help with school work? Every Tuesday, MHS National Honor Society students will be offering free tutoring services. The MHS students come to NMS and tutor in our Media Center from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM. Students may take the late bus home if necessary. You must sign up ahead of time via the Google Form: https://forms.gle/V5Wry8ow8zxW2KqR8. (It only works with your MPS email account).
- Department Website: Finally, be sure to visit our department website – we have lots of tips and handouts if you are looking for resources! Hard copies are also available inside the door of the counseling suite and are free for the taking: https://www.middleboro.k12.ma.us/Page/5867.
Please know that we are so proud of all of you! This may be a breeze or it may be your toughest school year yet, but no matter how you’re feeling, you are not alone! Whether you need to vent your frustrations, connect with resources, or learn coping skills and tricks to navigate middle school, we are here to help.
Have a great week!
NMS Counseling Department
Ms. Babul (email@example.com)
Mr. Brandon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Florio (email@example.com)
Mrs. Foley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ms. Moriarty (email@example.com)