- Handwriting Practice—letter/numbers and first and last names.
- Practice sight words—flash cards, memory, one of the monthly sight word games that have been sent home, hide the words around the house, have your child find it and write it down. Check out sightwords.com for resources for sight words and more!
- Sticker Stories- Pick 3 stickers and write a sentence or story about them.
- Write a story- it can be about anything, students do this at Writers’ Workshop every day; please keep the writing going. Here are some writing ideas to pick from, but we really love students to write about whatever they want.
- Get a free trial of Reading A-Z and print out some books at your child's level. Have them practice reading the book and highlighting the sight words.
- ABCya has over 400 learning games from preschool to sixth grade. Just click on your child’s grade level and a content area like math or reading to play grade appropriate games. There is so much to choose from that your child will be sure to find something they like.
- Teach Your Monster to Read helps to develop early literacy skills through interactive games that build on the key stages of reading.
- Starfall helps to build students' language arts and math skills in a game like fashion. Starfall also offers seasonal activities and music related content. It serves to support preschool through third grade and has a parent-teacher tab with print out resources for extra practice and reinforcement of skills.
- ABC Mouse supports reading, writing, math, science, art and colors for ages 2-8. This is a multi-step full online curriculum.
- Listen to read alouds on Epic Books
- Practice counting to 100! Google Jack Hartman’s counting to 100 includes exercises while counting.
- Over 30 virtual field trips you could take with your child with links.
- Scholastic Learn From Home - This free resource provides all students with 20 days’ worth of learning journeys that span many content areas. Students will have access to various earning opportunities each day, including projects based on exciting articles and stories, virtual field trips, reading and geography challenges, and more.