- Child must be a Middleborough resident and be able to prove their residency following district guidelines.
- Child must be four years old on or before September 1st of the enrolling school year.
- Child must not be age-eligible for Kindergarten (e.g., child cannot have turned 5 before September 1st of the enrolling year).
- Child must be toilet trained.
- Transportation must be arranged by the family as it is not provided by the district.
Required Documents for Enrolling
Once selected for enrollment through our preschool lottery, families must be able to provide the following documentation at the time of your child's screening appointment:
- *Official birth certificate with a raised seal that verifies your child's age and includes the town/city where your child was born.
- *Proof of Residency as indicated in the district's guidelines.
- ^Documentation of your child's 4-year compelte physical examination.
- Immunization record certifying that your child is up to date in accordance with the law.
- Results of a lead screening test.
*Please note that your child will not be allowed to proceed through the screening process unless these documents are provided at the time of your screening appointment. Your positiong in the preschool program will be forfeited if you are unable to meet this expectation.
^If your child has not had their physical at the time of the screening appointment, you may fax (508-946-8862) or drop off the physical proir to the first day of school. If the physical is not received by the first day of school then your child will not be able to start school.
Required Attendance at Information Night
A parent/guardian MUST attend one (1) of the two informational meetings your child will not be eligible for the program. If one or both of the information meetings needs to be rescheduled due to inclement weather, parents/guardians will be notified of the change in date. Attendance at one of the meetings is required for each child to continue in the process.
The cost for attending the Middleborough Public Schools' preschool program is $10 per session. Fees are paid by bank check or money order made payable to the Town of Middleborough. We do not accept cash or personal checks. The first payment is due in August to the Pupil Personnel Services Department at 112 Tiger Drive. The remaining payments can be made at the Memorial Early Childhood Center. This fee is collected in advance on a montyly basis, but you may also make a lump sum or semi-annual payment.