Advisor: Mrs. Gleavy and Mrs. Salamone
National Honor Society’s purpose is to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote worthy leadership, and to encourage the development of character in students at Middleborough High School.
Candidates for membership must be juniors or seniors who have earned a qualifying scholastic average based on minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.90. A 3.85 GPA must be maintained to be a member in good standing and graduate as part of the chapter. For further information contact the National Honor Society Advisors.
Eligibility shall then be considered by a faculty council based on documented proof of service, leadership, and character of the candidate. A student’s discipline record will also be considered in the application process. The application that is distributed to academically eligible students and the criteria is outlined in the MHS Student Handbook under the "Honor Societies" section.
- List all activities in which you have participated during high school. Include clubs, teams, musical groups, etc., and major accomplishments in each.
- List all elected or appointed leadership positions held in school, community, or work activities. Only those positions in which you were directly responsible for directing or motivating others should be included. For example, elected student body, class, or club officer; committee chairperson; team captain; newspaper editor; work area manager; or community leader.
- List community activities in which you have participated and note any major accomplishments in each. These should be any activities outside of school in which you participated for the betterment of your community, for example: church groups, clubs sponsored outside of the school, Boy or Girl Scouts, volunteer groups, or community art endeavors.
- List any honors, recognitions, and/or work experiences that you have received which support your bid to be selected for membership in the National Honor Society. Work experience may be paid or volunteer.
- List any other information that you feel would help the Faculty Council in the selection process.
Failure to adhere to all pillars of the NHS may result in removal.