Preschool Lottery Information
PRESCHOOL LOTTERY PROCEDURE:
- Review our Preschool Requirements.
- Complete online application. If assistance or access to the online application are needed, please visit the Memorial Early Childhood Center between the hours of 10AM and 2PM between January 6th and February 10th. If you prefer, you can complete our paper application.
- Online and paper Applications are due no later than 2:00PM on Tuesday, Feburary 11, 2020.
- Preschool Lottery drawing will occur on February 12th at 12:00PM at MECC. Families will be notified by mail no later than the week of Februrary 17th.
- Please know that attendance at one of March orientation meetings is mandatory for all selected in the lottery.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION MEETINGS:
Friday, March 13th at 10:00AM or Wednesday, March 18th at 6:30PM.
PRESCHOOL SCREENING DATES:
Screening appointment dates and times will be mailed to families upon selection from the lottery. Screenings are typically held during the first week of April.
ABOUT THE LOTTERY:
The open lottery drawing will be held on Wednesday, February 12, 2020, at 12:00PM. At that time, thirty-two (32) names will be drawn for the Preschool program. An additional ten (10) names will be drawn as alternates for the Preschool program.
The Middleborough School Committee is currently considering whether a third preschool classroom should be added to the existing program. If this is approved through the budget planning process, an additional 16 names will be selected through the lottery.
Any children not selected as part of the initial round of the lottery will be placed on the waiting list in the order in which the names are drawn. Any applications received after February 11, 2020, will then be placed on the waiting list behind the names of children who applied before the deadline.