Preschool Lottery Information
PRESCHOOL LOTTERY PROCEDURE:
- Review our Preschool Requirements.
- Complete online application. If assistance or access to the online application are needed, please visit the Memorial Early Childhood Center between the hours of 10AM and 2PM between January 11th and February 11th. If you need a paper application, please call 508-946-2032 to request one.
- Online and paper Applications are due no later than 2:00PM on Thursday, February 11, 2021.
- Preschool Lottery drawing will occur on Friday, February 12th at 12:00PM at MECC. Families will be notified in writing of their child’s standing no later than the week of February 22nd.
- Please know that participation in the virtual March orientation meeting is mandatory for all selected in the lottery.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION MEETING:
Wednesday, March 10, 2021, at 6:30PM, virtually (link to be provided to families via selection letters in February)
PRESCHOOL SCREENING DATES:
Screening appointment dates and times will be mailed to families upon selection from the lottery. Screenings are typically held during the first two weeks of April.
ABOUT THE LOTTERY:
The open lottery drawing will be held on Friday, February 12, 2021, at 12:00PM. At that time, thirty-two (32) names will be drawn for the Preschool program. An additional ten (10) names will be drawn as alternates for the Preschool program.
Any children not selected as part of the initial round of the lottery will be placed on the waiting list in the order in which the names are drawn. Any applications received after February 11, 2021, will then be placed on the waiting list behind the names of children who applied before the deadline.