From the office of Mrs. Johnson, MECC School Nurse
- Your child must be fever free (less than 100.0), vomit free, and diarrhea free for 24 hours, without medication, before they can return to school. In the 2021-22 school year, there are new Covid guidelines for returning to school. If your child is diagnosed with a contagious condition such as Strep Throat, pneumonia, conjunctivitis...they must be on antibiotics for 24 hours and symptom free before they can return to school. They also should feel well enough for a full day of school.
- Please refer to CDC, Local Board of Health and Middleborough Public Schools Return to School Plan (found on district website) for guidelines regarding symptoms of Covid and attendance at school. Call the nurse or pediatrician with questions.
- Please reinforce wearing a mask with your child. It must cover their mouth and nose. Also, go over hand washing for 20 seconds and social distancing with their friends. Please stay safe and healthy during these difficult times of Covid-19
- Kindergarten students: your child’s health record will be complete for kindergarten once you submit the 5 year physical, immunizations, lead level and the 5 year vision test with stereopsis included.
- Reminder: Any medication, prescription or over the counter, can NOT be sent in with your child! It MUST be brought in by an adult!
- If your child sustains an injury that requires a cast, documentation is needed by the physician regarding the injury and any restrictions.
- A well balanced breakfast each morning will start your child's day off right. Reminder: breakfast and lunch are provided here at school if needed.
- Please refer to The Flu: A Guide For Parents from the CDC web site: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/freeresources/family/flu-guide-for-parents-2018.pdf