I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend! It was a great weekend to be a Sachem! This past week was truly an incredible week for our high school. I have always referred to our school as a Sleeping Giant, and with the exciting events of the past few weeks, our school has come to life. Our football team truly gave their heart and soul to the game on Friday night against Holliston. Although, we did not leave the game victorious, the energy and Sachem Pride was truly something to behold. The amount of people from Middleborough who attended certainly overshadowed the home team. The crowds were huge! The sea of Black and Orange represented all that is great within our high school. The band rearranged their schedule to attend the away game and the opposing team was making comment on how amazing the band sounded…and I could not agree more! Our school will remember this wave of excitement for many years to come. Also, we had a taste of tournament play…and we will be there again…I know it! Our school has so much to be proud of and each day the giant that is MHS becomes stronger and stronger…and we are making our way to excellence! Thank you for your energy, your commitment to our school and being a Sachem! Our student energy has been so high and it has been really great to see! Let’s have a great week, Sachems!
1. Sachem Shout-Out:
· Congratulation to the Speech and Theatre Workshop for their outstanding performance of Almost, Maine! The performance this weekend was awesome! We have so much talent in our school…and many were on stage this weekend!
· A note of thanks and appreciation to the MHS Band for just being amazing! Every time you play…it just sounds better and better! Thank you for traveling to the big game on Friday night…it really meant a great deal of our school.
· A HUGE note of CONGRATULATIONS to the MHS Cheerleaders for an outstanding job at the Regional Competition on Sunday! States…here we come!
· To the Principal’s Roundtable for an outstanding Roundtable meeting on Friday! I think we developed some great ideas to help not only our school, but our community as well. Great work!
· Great job to the members of the Student Council who participated in the MASC/Special Olympics Bocce Tournament on Saturday! It was a great way of celebrating the Inclusion Revolution! It was a great afternoon with so many great student leaders and athletes.
2. Spirit Week 2014: The GREATEST Week is almost here!!
· The annual Spirit Week begins next week! You do not want to miss out
i. Monday, November 24: Hawaiian Day (theme). Powder Puff and Bonfire begins at 6:00pm at Battis Field.
ii. Tuesday, November 25: College Day (theme). Gym Decorating event in Gym begins at 2:00pm
iii. Wednesday, November 26: Sachem Pride Day (theme): Pep Rally!! J
iv. Thursday, November 27: Thanksgiving Football Game vs. Carver at Carver High School at 10:00am!
3. Let your voice be heard…Come to the Forum ~ November 19
· Mr. Branagan will be hosting the first of many open forums to come and discuss how to make MHS even better! Student voice is one of the most influential factors to school growth and success. Come to the Library at 2:00pm to engage in some great conversation! Hope to see you there.
4. Spirit Banners are DUE:
· Just a friendly reminder that Spirit Banners are due to no later than Friday, November 21st to the main office! If you have any questions, please see your coach/advisor or Mr. Branagan with any questions.
5. National Education Week ~ November 17 – 21, 2014
· This week, MHS will celebrate National Education Week and take time each day to celebrate the tremendous faculty and staff at MHS! Please take a moment to thank those adults in the building who have made a difference for you! My sincere appreciation to the members of the Student Council who are organizing the numerous appreciation events this week for our teachers! Good stuff!
Have a great week and be good to each other!
We Are Sachems
A Few Quick Hits: