Helping with homework can be a stressful experience for both parents and children. Here are some tips for parents to ease the situation.
· Agree on a daily time for homework.
· Arrange for a quiet, well-lit, and comfortable place to study.
· Keep necessary school supplies close at hand.
· Encourage independent work, but be ready to help.
Do not do the work yourselves!
· Praise effort!
· If homework is lengthy, schedule breaks.
· Interruptions should be avoided.
· Contact the teacher, if problems occur.